Monday, August 19, 2019

Welcome to 3rd Grade!

Dear Boys and Girls,

     Welcome back to Elmwood School!  Have you been enjoying your summer? I cannot wait to meet you on the first day of school and begin our journey together in 3rd grade.

     I am so excited that you will be part of the Room 202 community!  This year you will have so many exciting adventures: such as learning about Native American tribes and the Pilgrims, mastering multiplication and division, and researching a topic that you are passionate about as part of our Genius Hour project. These are just a few of the many things we will explore in 3rd grade! You will find  our schedule of specials on the right side of this blog.

     I have been very busy enjoying the summer. I spent part of the summer traveling in the Alsace region of France and the coast of Northern Ireland.  I was able to see some of a bike race called the Tour de France and attend a golf tournament known as the British Open. I also spent a week taking a class for with fifteen other teachers from around the Boston area at the New England Aquarium. It was amazing!  Of course, I missed my dog, Askem, while I was away and have been spending a LOT of time with him these last couple of weeks.  You will see some pictures from my summer vacation below.  

     Reading is another one of my favorite activities and I have been busy reading many wonderful books. Summer is the perfect time for reading some good books. I look forward to hearing about the books you have read this summer. We'll have a chance to share our favorite summer reads.

           Meanwhile, enjoy the rest of your summer vacation.  We are going to have a fantastic year together in 3rd grade! I can't wait to see you in the gym on the first day, August 28th. Enjoy these last few days!

Love,
Mrs. O’Shaughnessy